Friends, family, colleagues, and many other referrals have come our way to ask the question, “How can you help me get the word out about my new business?” And, after learning for ourselves, we ask this question back – “Do you have the following?”
3. Business Phone and Email
4. Plan and vision for your own brand.
Now, even though we can help with the 4th step, we always require that the first 3 exists before we can step in and provide Public Relations and Social Media services. If we don’t have a “base” to send the public or media to, then we’re “pulling the cart before the horse” (for lack of a better term).
I just came across this article this morning with a great “Digital” checklist for new start-up companies. Now, there’s a few items in here that you don’t need before you give L’Acadian Communications a ring, but it’s a good guide to start you in the right direction. For example, Steps 13 and 16 don’t need to happen right away, and we suggest a Facebook Page WAY before Google+, as mentioned in Step 4.
Click here for Full Article from Inc.com.
Brief Checklist (with some of our edits):
2. Create a LinkedIn profile and Company Page.
4. Claim your Google+ Business Page (L’Acadian suggests Facebook Page instead.)
7. Start using MailChimp (or at least become familiar with their service and email formats when your email list is ready).
9. Start blogging (also great content for when you send out emails).
11. Install a router.
13. Think like a SurveyMonkey and send out questionnaires to consumers (when your Facebook Page or Email program is ready).
15. Choose your SEO keywords (before you work with your web designer).
16. Make YouTube videos (if it shows how great your product is).
17. Create a back-up system (you can always purchase one at Office Depot, use a USB drive if you have small files or check out Pogoplug for an online backup system).
18. Go online for CRM (if you’re a sales-based company). Salesforce.com is popular.