A lot!! Since everyone is on the thankful bandwagon this week (for good reason), I thought I might jump on. Besides, in what has been a busy month … heck, a busy year, it’s nice to stop and reflect on the positives that have kept me afloat during these busy times. Here’s a few in the professional world to mention:
1. Clients. I’m not trying to kiss up here. Ok, maybe a little. But without clients and the opportunity to work with amazing people and brands, L’Acadian wouldn’t be in existence.
2. Friends in the Industry. This is a broad category, and it goes even beyond PR and Social Media. Being on the consulting side, you could say that things could get a little competitive, but I’ve found that there are so many people out there who want to help you and want your business to succeed. So, to everyone that has referred business, answered my endless questions or brainstormed with me, I say thank you for being a friend and not just a “colleague.”
3. Google. And yelp. And Yahoo Answers. And Mashable.com. Etc. Etc. The world wide web is an ocean of answers, and I can’t imagine what it would be like to go back to the days when we didn’t have it. Research has never been so easy and fun.
4. Tangible Results. For the past 2 years, Liza Jones of Full Circle PR, and I have talked about impressions and website visitors and what that really meant. e.g. Facebook Insights new reporting on Shares, Likes, Reach and Talking About This allow us to provide more substantial reporting. It seems like more and more brands are focusing on the quality rather than the quantity, the outcome and not the output.
5. Danielle. Last but not least, I’m thankful for L’Acadian’s new hire, Danielle. Because of her, I forget what it was like to constantly work nights and weekends, and that’s a GOOD thing!
Happy Thanksgiving to all! Enjoy some Turkey. And if you’d like to try a new twist on your Turkey recipe, I’m going to throw in a shameless plug for our client, Bayou Teche Biere. Check out this link for the directions.